Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Guess Where Residential Rents Are Heading?

Guess Where Residential Rents are Heading? | Simplifying The Market

Guess Where Residential Rents are Heading?


The Wall Street Journal recently wrote an article on this issue. Their conclusion:
“Apartment rental increases slowed in the first quarter from a year earlier, but the move is more likely a temporary blip than the beginning of a long-term respite for renters.”
The article goes on to quote Ryan Severino, a senior economist at Reis:
“I wish I had a better story to tell renters these days, but I think they’re in for some rent increases for the foreseeable future.”
Probably the most interesting part of the article came in the Comment Section where a proud landlord proclaimed:
“As a landlord I can tell you I don't pay property tax. I don't pay for repairs. The tenant pays. I get my money off the top.”
Here is a chart showing rent increases over the last 25+ years:
Median Asking Rent Since 1988 | Simplifying The Market

http://goo.gl/9AZqjC

No comments:

Post a Comment